Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ol' Faithful

So on our way home from Montana we left a day early so that we could go down to Yellowstone Nat. Park. I can't believe that I lived in Montana for 18 yrs and never went to see it before! It was pretty cool. I only wish that we would have had more time and a sling! Carrying Little C everywhere was a pain!
Above is a picture of a spring/geyser that has built up all this colors rock around it from the minerals and bacteria building up.


This is a picture of Emerald Springs. We hiked to a lot of these springs filled with boiling spring water. Most of the walkways didn't have railings and they waved right though most of the springs. I was a little scared that one of the kids would trip and fall in. But luckily that didn't happen.

..........................................


This is a geyser that we walked to that was constantly going off pretty cool but I don't remember the name.

..........................................

This is a Mud/Paint pot. Basically boiling colored mud. When I saw this on the map it said Artist's paint pots and I thought that they would be super colorful and that there would be more so it would be worth the walk, but it wasn't. It might have been, if I would have had a sling!

...................................................

And then there was Old Faithful! Went off right on time. Pretty cool. Now I can say that I've seen it.

No comments: