Sunday, July 13, 2008


So the other day while my sister was in Hawaii she called and said that her room at their hotel was unacceptable and that she wanted me to find them a new place. So being the nice sister that I am, I looked on the Internet and found some bed and breakfasts. We came across one and it had a few pictures, one of which was of the owners. My sister of course was like "Ooh! Are they a cute little Hawaiian couple?" And I said sadly, "No they just look like Americans." At which she laughed. It took me a sec to realize why she was laughing. And as I was thinking about it I thought, hmm, Hawaii, although it is part of the US, feels like a totally different country. Maybe because its so far away. Or maybe because they have their own language. Whatever the reason it feels foreign to me.

No comments: